We are recruiting a permanent full-time veterinary surgeon to join a practice in Bridgend Wales. This is a large hospital with a multi vet and nurse team dealing with a wide variety of clinical cases daily. This modern hospital has recently gone through a refurbishment and are fully equipped with diagnostic and surgery equipment whilst their branch surgeries also being fully equipped to handle their own diagnostic investigations. The practice boasts a team of over 22 many of whom have been with the practice for over 10 years. This is an award-winning training hospital.
About the role:
This is a full-time role with main duties being a mixture of consults and surgical cases and often some branch work also. Areas of special interest are heavily supported and other members of staff have completed certificates or are currently studying towards certificates such as ophthalmology, cardiology and medicine. The veterinary surgeon will receive one weekday off per week and work an OOH rota of 1:12 and 2-part weekends and 2 Saturday mornings per 12-week rotation. There is an RVN working alongside them during OOH and this often leads to an exposure of more complex cases that you would not normally see so it offers more variety of cases and expands the veterinary surgeon’s skill set and knowledge. For less confident veterinary surgeons or more newly graduated there is back up support available with a second vet when on call. There is possibly accommodation available for a veterinary surgeon relocating.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 4 Days per week – 1 weekday off per week
- Weekends: 2-part weekends and 2 Saturday mornings on a 12-week rotation
- OOH: Yes 1:12
- Sole Charge: Yes, when on call but second vet available for support and RVN
- Team: Multi Vet and RVN team with SVNs VCAs and support staff
- Branch work: Occasionally
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large modern newly refurbished practice
- State of the at facilities and equipment
- Large multi vet team with certificate holding veterinary surgeons within the group
- Practice sees a varied case load – emergency medical cases
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be passionate and motivated to drive the practice forward
- You will be happy with sole charge work when required on call - support is always available
- You will be competent in routine surgeries
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
Modern state of the Art Hospital with a full array of diagnostic and surgical equipment.
- Salary - £30,000.00 -£50,000.00 Dependent on Experience
- Career development opportunities
- Holiday 4 weeks plus bank holidays
- Company Bonus scheme
- CPD Generous Allowance
- Additional CPD allowance for clinical coaches
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.