A small animal Independent practice in Blackpool are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join their team. They are ideally looking for either a newly graduated Veterinary Surgeon or a surgeon with 1 - 2 years experience. This is a full-time position working in Blackpool with some branch work in Southport so it is important that the vet has their own car. It is a 4 - day week role with occasional Saturday mornings. Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays will be in Blackpool and then the Mondays or Fridays will be in Southport or Blackpool. The practice is able to offer accommodation with this role at no additional charge. There is a small element of sole charge work involved but support would be offered.
- Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Blackpool, Monday or Friday Blackpool or Southport 9am – 6pm
- Weekends: Occasional Saturday mornings 9am – 12pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some however back up from a senior vet is available
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Other : Accommodation Provided
- State of the at facilities and equipment
- Offers a good working / life balance with no OOH or Sundays
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- On street parking
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be happy with sole charge work
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice boasts a full range of diagnostic equipment’s as one would expect with a modern 1st Opinion small animal practice.
- Salary - £24,000.00 -£35,000.00
- Career development opportunities
- Holiday 28 Days Including Bank Holidays
- Accommodation provided if relocating at no extra charge
- Company Bonus scheme
- CPD Allowance £500 2 days off to attend
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.