We are recruiting for a permanent full-time veterinary surgeon to work in two branch practices in the West Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham. The role would invoice working between two branches that are 3 miles apart. The branches comprise of a large team of 6 veterinary surgeons, 5 RVNS and 7 SVNs along with a reception and support team. Due to the large support available the practice can consider applications from new or recently graduated veterinary surgeons. However, if you are an experienced veterinary surgeon looking for a better work / life balance then please get in touch. Both branches are well established with a variety of cases each day. There is a good mixture of complex surgical and medical cases at one branch and then more exotic animals at the other. Both practices have state of the art equipment’s including digital x-ray, in-house Biochemistry and Haematology, ultrasound scans, and expanding orthopaedic and general surgical instrumentation. This is a full-time role with weekends on a shared rota and no ooh.
- Hours: Monday – Friday
- Weekends: Yes, on a shared rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: Yes
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 6 Vet 6 RVN 7 SVNs and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Supports and funds certificates
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- Support from senior vets
- Established practice with a large loyal client bases sees a variety of complex surgical cases
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- For experienced veterinary applications you will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- An area of special interest or a passion to study towards a certificate would be advantageous
- A surgical bias would be advantageous for an experienced vet application
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £30,000 - £50,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas