A small animal practice in Birkdale are expanding their team and recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon. They are looking for an enthusiastic motivated surgeon to work part time hours in this friendly well-established practice. The practice offers support and encourages personal development so areas of special interest and CPD are encouraged.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 3 day week days TBC
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 8.30am – 12pm
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: Yes
- Team: 8 Vet 9 RVN and support team
This is a well established 8 vet practice boasting excellent client care and offers support to all team members. They are also a nurse training practice and boast an excellent nurse to vet ratio. They have 4 practices along the coastline. They are looking for a vet who can work sole charge if required to although support will be given. There is no on call but the hours are 3 days per week and a weekend rota involving a 1:3 Saturday morning only.
You will be an enthusiastic motivated veterinary surgeon. You must also be comfortable in areas of general surgery consults and be a team player. You will be happy to do some sole charge work if required. Excellent customer facing skills are key as well as being a team player.
The practice has all modern facilities and equipment as one would expect in a first opinion practice from digital X-ray, Ultrasound, air powered dental machine, biochemistry and hematology.
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Additional leave purchase scheme
- CPD: £1,000 allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.