A small animal practice in Billericay is recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join their growing forward-thinking practice. If you are looking for an opportunity to draw on multi veterinary surgeons’ knowledge and expertise in order to learn more and develop your skills, then this role is for you!
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: Some – time off in Lieu given when worked a weekend
- OOH: None
- Sole charge: Some
- Consult Times: 10 Minutes
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 2 Vet and RVN and supporting staff
This practice has a fun and experienced bunch of vets who are looking for a new team member! By joining this well established and successful practice, you will be part of a social team dedicated to teamwork and providing a superb standard of client and animal care. You will be joining a friendly team made up of highly trained veterinary surgeons and nurses! There is no OOH with this role and weekends are on a Rota basis with time off in Lieu though the week. This practice is also supported by other local practices meaning that the veterinary surgeon has more access to other Vets expertise – including orthopedic, dentistry and exotic medicine so there is plenty of scope for the veterinary surgeon to develop their skills and knowledge.
- You must be confident with all routine surgery
- Happy with occasional sole charge work
- Happy to work as part of a team
- Focused on developing both your own skill set and the practice
- Excellent customer facing skills are essential and the ability to build rapport with clients and fellow members of staff is key
- Any special interests are welcomed and supported
- There is opportunity here to grow and develop so you must be a forward-thinking vet who is looking to develop your career
- You must have a positive motivated attitude
- Bright and spacious practice
- Air conditioning
- State of the art equipment
- In House Laboratory
- X Ray
- Salary: £35,000 £55,0000
- Holiday allowance: 25 days
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- Private medical and life assurance
- CPD: Funded – 5 days off
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.