We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a large state of the art, award winning, established hospital in Barnsley. The Hospital also serves as an emergency clinic and is open 24hrs per day and provides night care for patients. They also now provide a new referral extension with state-of-the-art equipment, so they handle both general and referral cases. They have a large dedicated and supported team and due to continual growth, they now require an additional veterinary surgeon on either a full or part time basis. The part time basis would be a job share of 1-2 days per week and a 1:4 weekends while the full-time role would be 3 days per week and a 1:2 weekend. There is no OOH or sole charge. They are looking for a vet who is confident in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases and who is passionate and dedicated to providing a high quality of veterinary care. They have a large friendly team offering plenty of scope for the vet to progress and develop their skill set. Further studying towards a certificate is encouraged and supported and the hospital also boast keen interests in orthopaedics, oncology and endoscopy. They have certificate holding veterinary surgeons in surgery, orthopaedics and emergency care. This is a fantastic opportunity for a veterinary surgeon looking to take the next step in their career.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday full time or part time hours
- Weekends: Yes, on a rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 12 Vet, 17 RVN, 3 SVNs and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy, Ultrasound and CT equipment
- State of the art Hospital with referral centre
- Award winning practice
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- Large multi vet supportive team with various areas of special interest
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Supports and funds certificates
- Support from senior vets
- Established practice with a large loyal client bases sees a variety of complex surgical cases
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- For experienced veterinary applications you will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- An area of special interest or a passion to study towards a certificate would be advantageous
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.