A small animal practice located in the beautiful Abergavenny are recruiting a permanent mixed animal veterinary surgeon to join their growing team. The vet ith a farm animal bias would be advantageous. This is a forward-thinking practice providing a high delivery of clinical care, whilst also taking care of their team offering an excellent work / life balance along with career progression.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 6.30pm 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: Yes
- OOH: Yes 1:9 weekends 1:10 weeknights
- Sole charge: Yes Some
- Branch Work: Yes – mainly across two sites
- Team: 13 Vets over 4 sites
- Four site practices providing a varied case load
- State of the art equipment
- Modern facilities
- Multi vet and nurse with supporting staff
- Situated in a fantastic location close to the rural countryside and the city.
- The team has veterinary surgeons who are certificate holders in Surgery, Medicine and cardiology which means the role is heavily supported and offers career development and knowledge.
- Practice boast 24 HR Nursing care
- Certificate holders are supported and encouraged along with career progression
- Located in a beautiful area in the countryside but with great transport links to the city
- You must be minimum 3 years qualified
- You must have good general surgery skills - support is offered for further development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team is essential.
- You must be motivated to further your own knowledge and capabilities
- You must be happy to work across two branches and others if required.
- You will work well as part of a large team
- Having a passion for career development is key
The practice boasts state of the art facilities enabling same day diagnosis from - Digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy and an on-site laboratory.
- Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 20 days plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.