An established small animal practice located in Loughborough, Leicestershire are looking for an enthusiastic and personable Veterinary Surgeon to join their hugely successful expanding practice either on a full or part time basis offering a good working life balance with days off during the week..
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: On a rota between 9am - 7pm - 4 day week with 1 in 3 Fridays allowing for a long weekend
- Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturdays 9.00am – 12.00pm
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: Due to the element of occasional sole charge, this role would suit a vet with a minimum of 1 years’ UK experience.
- Consult Times: The team run a 20 minute consult system
- Branch Work: None
- Team: You would be joining a supportive team of 4 vets, 4 RVNs, 2 student nurses, 1 client and team care manager and 4 receptionists
- The practice is based in South Loughborough and is easily accessed by the M1 and A6.
- This standalone practice sees a wide range of medical and surgical cases and the team work closely with the client to find the most affordable yet effective treatment plan for each patient.
- The surgery offers state of the art facilities including digital X-ray, digital endoscopes, ultrasound, in house lab and an array of surgical and orthopaedic equipment.
- The team run a 20 minute consult system as standard allowing a real focus on clear communication and thorough client conversations.
- With this in mind, the successful candidate will enjoy and excel at building strong relationships with clients, patients and the wider team.
- A vet with an interest in internal medicine would be ideal but all interests can be catered for.
- Further training and development including a funded Certificate in the medical or other fields is available.
- You would be joining a supportive team of 4 vets, 4 RVNs, 2 student nurses, 1 client and team care manager and 4 receptionists.
- The nursing team run their own consults covering areas such as 2nd vaccinations, anal glands, dentals and weight management which frees the vet team up to do what they do best!
- The team hold a variety of interests and the partner is currently studying towards his Certificate in Small Animal Surgery.
- You will be approachable and recognise the importance of building trusted relationships you’re your patients, clients and colleagues. You will feel confident with routine surgical and medical cases however support is available as and when needed.
- They will consider full or part time hours and there is no OOHs responsibility with this role ensuring a great work/life balance.
- They will consider applications from recently qualified vets as well as more experienced vets.
- Parking, Emergency Cover (Vetsnow), Operating Theatre, Isolation Unit, Blood Pressure Monitor, Biochemistry, Haematology, In-house Laboratory, X-Ray, Health Plans, Hospital Ward, Dentistry
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks, plus bank holidays (negotiable)
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS, BSAVA)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- An on-site Team Care Manager who ensures wellbeing and ongoing support for all colleagues
- Regular social events financed by the practice
- Free onsite parking
- Death in service – 4 x annual salary
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.