Vet Seekers are working with a lovely independent practice close to the Lincolnshire coastline who are recruiting for a small animal veterinary surgeon to join them. This practice is ran by a lovely couple who have grown up in the area and built up a practice that provides a reputable service to the local area. This is a great opportunity for a veterinary surgeon with a couple of years’ experience to be part of a friendly, family run, hard working practice who love their staff as much as their clients.
- Full time
- Hours Mon-Fri: 4 day week, 8:30am til 6:00pm but often the opportunity to finish earlier
- Weekends: 1 in 4/5 involved on the rota, Saturday morning consults 8:30am til 11am and the rest of the weekend on call. Vets do not need to stay in the practice and the call outs are very rare and often seasonal, due to the practices location
- Computer system: Merlin/Vet Space
- Sole charge: None involved during the week, only on Saturday mornings
- OOH: None during week, only on call over weekend on rota
- Consult times: Usually 10 minutes, however they often are longer as the vets are allowed as much time as they see fit. No time pressure if extra time is required. They have very understanding clients
- Branch Work: None, independent site
- Team: 4 Vets & 6 Nurses
An independent sole practice close to the Lincolnshire coastline and Skegness. They are a family run practice who have a trusted relationship with there clients and have built up a well know, reputable reputation with the local area. They have excellent facilities on site and have all the modern equipment, including in house laboratory, digital and dental x-ray and much more. They have staff kennels on site which allow the team to be close to their pets during the day, as well as many dog walks nearby for break times. They also have a quite office space in which they often encourage vets to complete any paperwork or outstanding CPD work in.
They are looking for a veterinary surgeon who is confident with routine surgery and has a good medical understanding. Ideally you will have a couple of years’ experience, however they are also open to speaking with new graduates that are looking for a practice to develop with. They are very encouraging of CPD and offer a generous allowance, as well as being happy to fund any particular certificates should you be interested.
- Salary: £35,000-£50,000
- 5 weeks annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- £1000 annual CPD allowance as well as paid days and funding for certificates
- RCVS and VDS fees paid as well as one other publication
- Relocation package can be negotiated
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent client and patient care skills
- Driving license and preferably own vehicle
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.