We have a new opportunity for a registered veterinary nurse to join our clients newly refurbished hospital in Northwich, Cheshire. The successful candidate must be motivated, show empathy with clients and pets along with having a desire to utilise their nursing skills as much as possible.
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Hours: Monday to Friday – shifts between 8:00am & 8:00pm on weekly rota
- Weekends: 1 in 4 full weekends
- OOH: None
- Sole charge: None, ideally comfortable working unsupervised
- Branch Work: Possible at nearby branch
- Team: 8 Vets, 19 nurses (including students) and support staff
This practice provides all the usual care that you would expect, but as they are an accredited tier 3 hospital, they also provide round the clock care with their dedicated night team. A vet or nurse is present 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year maintaining close supervision of all hospitalised animals. They are also an official BVNA training centre.
You must have a high level of general nursing skills as well a having a good understand of the veterinary industry. Also, you will need to have high levels of customer service skills as well as being able to communicate accurately and clearly with clients and fellow team members.
- Salary £20,000-£25,000
- Excellent career opportunities and development
- 28 days annual leave (INC bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous CPD and funding of certificates
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Discounted pet care
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent customer service skills
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.