We are looking for an enthusiastic nurse to join a friendly, vibrant team within a purpose built state of the art small animal training practice based in Newbury, Berkshire on a full time permanent basis.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 8am - 7pm Monday - Friday on a rota of early / late shifts / late starts / finishes - 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 10am – 4pm
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: They have a welcoming team of 4 vets, 6 nurses, 3 receptionists and 1 practice manager
- Based on the busy London Road, they can offer a fantastic location to work with easy access to the A34 and local transport links, as well as boasting some state of the art equipment and plenty of onsite parking.
- By joining them, you will have the opportunity to use your nursing skills to their full potential with responsibilities including: Preparing animals for surgery and supporting in surgery, administration of drugs, anaesthetic and injections, Nurse clinics, X-rays, Inpatient care etc
- You would need to be an registered Veterinary Nurse with a positive attitude and great communication skills.
- Confidence in all general nursing duties and be willing to run nurse clinics.
- Delivering high standard clinical care is essential as well as building relationships with the clients. This is an integral role in a small friendly team so you would need to be a good team player and adaptable.
- Emergency cover (Vets Now)
- Orthopaedics Surgery of joints and bones
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 28 Days
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS, BVNA)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.