Our clients in Newmarket, Suffolk are currently recruiting for a qualified veterinary nurse to join them on a permanent basis. This is a full-time position worked over a 40-hour week with a mixture of shifts between 7:00am & 9:00pm each day.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 40-hour week, varied shifts between 7:00am & 9:00pm. Maximum time worked will be 9-hour days with a 1-hour lunch break
- Weekends: 1 in 5 weekends on rota, Saturday 7:30am until 1:00pm and then on call for remainder of weekend for inpatient checks and any other call outs.
- OOH: 1 night a week on call as well as in 1 in 5 weekend rota
- Branch work: None required, sole practice
- Team: 5 Vets, 5 Nurses and 2 student nurses
A well-established veterinary practice who have been providing excellent standards of care to the local community for over 25 years. An independently ran practice which is about to take on a complete renovation of all the onsite facilities to improve on their already modern practice. The team is made up of 5 vets, 5 qualified nurses, 2 student nurses, 3 receptionists and other support staff.
They are looking for a qualified veterinary nurse with a positive working attitude, passion for the industry and a desire to constantly learn and develop. Due to the strength within the team they are open to applications from qualified nurses of all experience levels.
- Salary: £20,000-£24,000 depending on experience
- Holiday allowance: 25 days annual leave + your birthday off and bank holidays!
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme
- CPD: £500 annual allowance provided and encouraged to use
- Memberships: RCVS fees paid for
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent customer service & client care skills
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
Tel: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.