We are currently recruiting for a veterinary nurse to join a small animal practice in Redditch on a permanent, full time basis. This role is worked over 38.5 hours per week with a mixture of shifts in the week, 1 in 5 weekends & 1 night on call until 11pm a week. This position is ideally for a qualified veterinary nurse however they will consider a capable second year student.
- Full time
- Hours Mon-Fri: Mixture of shifts during the week, 2 long (8:30am-7:30pm), 2 Short (8:30-2:00pm) and 1 medium (8:30am until 4:30pm).
- Weekends: 1 in 5 on rota, Saturday morning consults and on call both days until 6pm (no overnight on call duties)
- OOH: 1 in 5 weekends on rota and 1 night a week until 11pm (usually worked on a day you finish at 7:30pm)
- Sole charge: None involved
- Branch Work: None involved
- Team: 5 Vets & 6 Nurses
An independent practice with an established team, trusting clients and excellent reputation in the area. They provide a range of small animal services as well as a variety of exotic services, the practice is full equipped with ultrasonography, radiography, in house lab, endoscopy, dental machines, ECG and much more.
They are recruiting for ideally a qualified veterinary nurse with previous experience in a similar role however will also consider applications from 2nd year students with an excellent understanding of the industry. You must have a positive work ethic, hard working attitude and excellent customer service/client care skills.
- Salary is depending on experience, rough guide between £18,000 & £25,000 (additional pay for out of hours)
- 28 days annual holiday leave (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- General annual CPD allowance which is supported
- RCVS, BVA & VDS fee paid
- Staff rewards scheme
- The right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Veterinary Nurse Qualification (or soon to complete)
- Excellent customer service & client care skills
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.