We are working with an independent veterinary practice in Oxford who are looking for a competent veterinary nurse to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will require you to work across their two local practices so ideally you will have your own vehicle.
- Full time (40 hours a week over 4 days)
- Hours Mon-Fri: Hours between 8:00am & 8:30pm
- Weekends: 1 in 4 – Friday night on call, Saturday morning in practice 8am til 2:30pm & then on call until Monday morning.
- Branch Work: Yes, 2 practices within a proximity
- Computer system: Vetspace Voyager
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: 1 night per week
- Team: 4 Vets, 4 Qualified Nurses & 1 Student Nurses
This independent practice has been open since the 1930s and was originally a farm animal practice. However, over the years they have grown into a modern two site practice who only deal with small animals. The RCVS accredited practice has modern facilities which are constantly being upgraded to ensure the team has the best equipment around. They are the only practice in Oxford offering their own emergency OOH cover.
They are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic and passionate veterinary nurse who will bring a good skills set and a positive attitude to the practice. Ideally you will have a few years’ experience within a practice, however they are also open to speaking with competent new graduates.
- Competitive salary between £18,000-£24,000 DOE
- Annual CPD allowance
- 6 weeks annual holiday allowance
- Full pension scheme
- Accommodation available at practice if required (short term only)
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service skills & a passion for the industry
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.