An established 4 branch independent small animal practice are looking for a full time permanent veterinary nurse to join their multi- vet / nurse team. They offer a very supportive team and a modern air-conditioned clinics with superb facilities for providing the best veterinary care in Gloucester area.
- Experienced: Any stage RVN considered,
- Hours Mon – Fri: 35 hours per week with a mixture of shifts between branches
- Weekends: 1 in 4, just 4 hours over the weekend.
- OOH: No OOH
- Time off in lieu: They pay overtime etc when worked
- Computer system: Evolution
- Branch work: Split between 4 branches in the local area
- Team: Excellent team of experience vets & nurses as well as some students
- Main Duties: Receptionist duties, monitoring ops, recovering patients (all nurse duties)
- They practices are modern air conditioned with superb facilities, as well as having a number of certificate holders with the team.
- They have separate cat and dog wards, intensive care facilities, Lab, state of the art digital x ray machine with floating bucky table for all things orthopaedic and cardiothoracic, a flexible fibre optic endoscope, colour flow Doppler ultrasound machine etc
- Their lead vets also offer Orthopaedics services - OCD surgery - Cruciate surgery - TTA and De Angelis surgery - Spinal surgery - Soft tissue - Thoracotomy - lung lobectomies - Pericardial surgery - Oesophageal surgery - Total ear canal ablation - Laryngeal Tie back
- Salary starts at £9.50/hour for newly qualified, increasing commensurate on experience
- CPD allowance: This will be financed by the Practice
- Holiday - in 2019 will be 20 days plus Bank holidays (pro rata) and birthday off, in Jan 2020 entitlement is increasing to 25 days plus 8 bank hols pro rata, plus birthday off
- RCVS Fees paid and VDS
- They pay petrol if traveling between sites at the HMRC rate
- Free eye tests and plenty of other perks
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1+ years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.