We are working with an independent, established veterinary practice in Andover who are currently recruiting for a veterinary nurse to join them on a full time, permanent basis. The position involves working a variety of shifts during the week between the hours of 7:30am & 7:30pm, as well as taking part in the out of hours & weekend rota.
- Full time
- Hours Mon-Fri: Varied shifts between 7:30am until 7:30pm, usually 7.5-8.5 hours a day
- Weekends: 1 in 4/5 weekends on call, Saturday morning consults 9-1 and then back in at 5 for inpatient checks and Sunday just in at 5 for inpatient checks
- Branch Work: 1 day a week could be required at nearby branch practice
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: 1 night on call a week backing up a student nurse as well as weekend rota
- Team: 5 Vets, 8 Qualified nurses, a team of students & multiple support staff
An independently owned veterinary practice with a family run working ethic, the partners are experienced within the industry and bring a vast amount of knowledge to the staff. The practice is located in a modern building with state-of-the-art surgical suits, CT scanner and a range of other advanced technology. They provide their own out of hours and have a vet on site 24 hours a day to cover inpatients, they also have a group of interns who work on rotation to cover the calls and assist the vets when needed.
They are looking for a qualified veterinary nurse who has a positive working attitude, a desire to complete their job to the best of their ability and someone who is constantly looking to improve. You must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable working within the current team.
- Salary £20,000-£24,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Annual CPD allowance
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- RCVS fees paid
- Staff discounts and other perks
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service skills & a passion for the industry
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.