This practice based in Croydon are seeking a talented veterinary nurse to join their established team.
The practice is based inside the busy Pets at Home store and offers free onsite parking. Croydon benefits from direct train links into London Bridge, London Victoria and London Kings Cross in just 15 minutes and the practice has easy access to the M25 and M23.
- Full Time
- Hours: 40 hours
- Weekends: 1:4 weekend rota – Saturday 9:00am - 5:30pm Sunday 10:30am - 4:00pm
- Computer System: RX Works
- OOH: None, Provided by Vetsnow
- Occasional sole charge responsibility
- Free onsite parking
The current team consists of 3 vets, 1 head nurse, 3 RVNs, 2 student nurses, 2 receptionists, 1 head receptionist and 1 practice manager, all dedicated to providing an excellent standard of animal care and exceptional customer service. The practice owner gives considerable training to all of his team and likes to develop and train his RVNs to a high standard. He has a lot of trust and confidence in the team which allows them to take on a variety of tasks, keeping the average day exciting and enjoyable!
- You will be a veterinary nurse who relishes the opportunity to take initiative, stretch your skills and provide excellent patient care. The current team have developed an excellent reputation and their client base continues to grow. You will be confident with all general nursing duties including the running of nurse clinics. This role is full time, averaging 40 hours a week and includes a weekend rota of 1 in 4, Saturday 9am-5:30pm and Sunday 10:30am-4:00pm.
- As a progressive practice there will be ample opportunity for you to pursue further nursing interests with a great deal of emphasis being placed on in practice development and opportunities, including a dedicated CPD allowance and funding for clinical coaching.
The practice is very well equipped and they have onsite access to a range of state of the art equipment including digital X-ray, Doppler ultrasound, flexible bronchoscope, rigid rhinoscope and gastroscope, Doppler blood pressure machine and in-house catalyst machine for biochemistry.
- Competitive salary between £18,000 - £25,000 DOE
- Annual pay reviews
- Career development opportunities
- Dedicated CPD allowance
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 4 weeks, plus bank holidays or pro-rata if part-time
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension scheme
- Paid memberships
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.