We are looking for a Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our client’s friendly Charity practice in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. This position is a full-time, but they may consider part time applicants and can be flexible on the working hours.
- Hours Mon – Fri: Flexible you can work 08:00 til 4:30 or 9.00 - 5.30
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends would be great, but more than happy to look at just Monday to Friday
- OOH: None
- Time of in lieu: When weekends are worked you will receive time off during the week
- Accommodation: None
- Other: You will be expected to provide excellent standards of Veterinary care, as well as being able to work well under pressure and relish the daily challenges. You will also be required to promote the charity, its aims and policies to benefit of all animals in your care and the local community.
- To carry out all procedures and instructions laid down by the Senior Nurse and Veterinary Surgeons in accordance with work schedules, procedures and Shelter policies.
- To provide excellent standards of nursing care and husbandry.
- To receive animals into the care of the Centre, treating them accordingly and advising animal welfare staff/clients in a range of veterinary care and husbandry procedures.
- To provide and maintain a good and professional service to internal and external customers, dealing with enquiries and aspects of animal welfare in a timely manner.
- To promote the Charity, its aims, work and policies to the benefit of animals in our care and in the community.
- To be flexible in your approach to working hours as required by the needs of the Charity
This practice has been running for over 30 years and is also the headquarters of the charity. This well known, reputable charity has been helping animals all around the country for almost 100 years, with practices in London, Northampton and Godmanchester it is a UK wide company. The vision of this practice is to see a world where all pets are well cared for in loving homes, for life. They have high standards of animal welfare and promote education to all members of the public.
You will be expected to provide excellent standards of Veterinary care, as well as being able to work well under pressure and relish the daily challenges. You will also be required to promote the charity, its aims and policies to benefit of all animals in your care and the local community.
- Salary: £21,878
- Annual pay reviews
- Career development opportunities
- Paid CPD allowance
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- 4 Weeks Holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Paid memberships
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- 1 years post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.