We are recruiting a permanent veterinary nurse to join a small animal practice near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk. It is a full-time position with 37.5 Hours per week with 7.5 Hour shifts per day. The shifts are early, middle and late and the practice shares these out equally to each of the nurses. There is a shared weekend rota and on call which is at the practice to look after in patients and post-surgery operations. The OOH is paid as extra and when on call on a weekend you receive a day off in lieu the following week.
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am - 6.30pm - 7.5 Hours per day various shift times between opening hours.
- Weekends: 1 weekend on call every 14 weeks
- OOH: 1 night on call every 3 weeks and above weekend rota
- Branch work: Some work will be required at nearby branch to cover holiday and busy periods
- Sole charge: None required
- State of the art facilities – modern equipment in line with a 1st Opinion practice
- Established practice with large loyal client base
- Hugely supportive of personal development to each member of staff
- Offers a variety of surgeries including orthopaedic and advanced soft tissue
- Modern practice – bright and spacious with air conditioning
- Friendly and welcoming team
- Prides itself on providing a high standard of care
- Great location close to transport links
- You will be confident in all areas of general nursing
- Happy with daily Nursing consultations and have your own individual areas of responsibility
- You will be happy to work across consults, surgeries, procedures and wards.
- You will be happy in having the responsibility of ensuring the practice runs smoothly day to day
- You must be, enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated with a passion for animal welfare.
- You will maintain practice standards and protocols across the board.
- You will be motivated to grow and develop your skill set and knowledge and confident in trying new techniques
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills are essentials to develop working relationships with clients and fellow staff members.
- You will work to a high standard of care
- You must have a genuine passion for animal welfare.
• Digital Radiography
• Dental equipment & Dental x-ray.
• Modern well-equipped operating room for surgical procedures
• In house laboratory-used for pre-operative and emergency blood samples and urinalysis Fully equipped consultation rooms
• 24hr emergency care
• Veterinary surgeon with a GP Certificate in Small Animal Medicine
- Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks plus Bank Holiday
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Allowance provided and encouraged
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.