Are you a bit of a crazy cat person?
We are working with a feline only practice in Oxford who are currently recruiting for a veterinary nurse to join them on a full time, permanent basis. The position is worked over 4 days, with 10-hour shifts on each day. There is a share of a minimal weekend rota, with time given off the following week.
- Full time (40 hours a week over 4 days)
- Hours Mon-Fri: 8:00am until 6:30pm
- Weekends: 1 in5 weekends on rota, 8:30am-2:30pm Saturdays, 8:30am until 12:30pm Sundays. In patient checks until 7pm or 10pm in the evenings. (additional pay for this)
- Branch Work: Minimal may be required
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: 1 night a week inpatient checks until 10pm (additional pay for this)
- Team: 7 Vets, 6 nurse & lots of visiting specialists
This is an independent veterinary practice with a feline only cliental, they are well trusted in the area and have an excellent reputation. The forward-thinking practice actively encourages their nursing team to use and develop their full range of nursing skills, supporting the vets and the rest of the team.
You must be feline crazy. This is not your standard nursing role so requires you to have a real passion for cats. You must have excellent all round people skills and have a drive to deliver the best customer service skills.
- Salary £19,000-£24,000 per annum
- £500 annual CPD allowance
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Full pension scheme
- RCVS fees paid
- Generous staff discounts
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service skills & a passion for the industry
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.