An independent mixed animal practice in Preston are recruiting a permanent registered small animal Veterinary Nurse to join their large growing team. The role is full time Monday – Friday with a generous weekend rota of 1:12 comprising of Saturday 8.30am – 2.30pm and Sunday 9am – 12pm.
This is a well established independent mixed animal practice located on the outskirts of the Lake District. This is a large forward-thinking practice which has a mix case load of small animal, Equine and Farm animal. It is a tier 2 RCVS accredited practice. The practice has 4 small animal branches all of which are fully equipped to deal with small animals and exotics. They are fully equipped to deal with more complex surgical and medical cases. they are committed to providing a high standard of clinical and customer care and boast an excellent reputation within the local community.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday – Friday
- Weekends: 1:12 Saturday 8.30am – 2.30pm and Sunday 9am – 12pm
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Lieu: Day off during the week when worked a weekend. Paid overtime.
- Team: Large Multi Vet team
- Branch Work : Some
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- You will be competent in all areas of general nursing
- You will be a motivated and caring individual
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- £21,000 - £24,000 pro rata
- CPD Generous allowance
- Holidays 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid professional memberships
- A relocation package maybe available for the right candidate
- Frequent team building and social events
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.