A large modern Hospital in Cardiff is currently looking to recruit a small animal Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This is an excellent work / life balance role situated in a fantastic location where you can enjoy both a city and country lifestyle.
- Hours: 7 nights on: 7 nights off
- Shifts: 6pm – 8.30am
- Computer System: Robovet
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: Yes
- Team: 2 Vet OOH Team
- Branch work: No
- Hospital: Yes
- Long Established practice – large client base
- PSS Accredited practice
- Large 17 Vet practice with RVN and support staff
- Varied clinical interest
- Fantastic clinical equipment including CT
- Career Progression encouraged and supported
- Close knit working team
- 4 Branches
- State of the Art Hospital Facility
- They pride themselves in providing top quality care to patients, clients and fellow team members
About the Role:
The Veterinary Surgeon would be working in their first-class Hospital with state-of-the-Art Equipment. This role provides an excellent work / life balance and to be part of a fantastic highly supportive team. The location of the practice enables the Veterinary Surgeon to access both city and country life. The role involves seeing a varied case load including first opinion emergencies and ongoing in-patient care. This is 7 nights on and 7 nights off rota working with a two-vet team. The hospital receives referrals from multiple practices around the area. High clinical standards of care are expected. The Hospital provides a large range of diagnostic equipment which is state of the art.
The candidate must have a passion for emergency and critical care. Previous experience is essential. The OOH team are staffed with two veterinary Surgeons so it is important that the right candidate can also work well as part of a team.
- Ten consulting rooms
- Six operating theatres
- Hydrotherapy unit
- Physiotherapy service (including an in-house physiotherapist for cats and dogs)
- Dental suite
- CT scanner
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Keyhole surgery
- Two X-Ray suites
- A dedicated rabbit and exotic pet clinic
- Separate cat and dog waiting rooms, consulting rooms and wards
- On-site parking
- Salary - Generous salary based on experience up to £60,000
- Career development opportunities
- £1500 CPD allowance – unlimited
- Access to VIN
- RCVS and VDS paid as well as subscription to BSAVA
- Health Cover Scheme
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 28 Days per year
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.