A large multi vet small animal practice in Liverpool is recruiting for a permanent Senior Veterinary Surgeon. This role is ideal for someone who is already in a senior vet position and ideally has experience in supporting the clinical director This is a very large busy practice so if you are ready to take on a bigger role and get stuck in then this may be for you. The ideal candidate will want more responsibility and move into a leadership and coaching role.
- Hours: Full time
- Monday to Friday: 8am – 8pm – 9 Hour Days - 4 days week
- Weekends: 1: 4 Saturday and Sunday 8am – 4pm
- Sole charge: Minimum 30 minutes first thing in the morning in the week only.
- OOH: No
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Walk in Appointments offered: Yes
- Team: 28 Team members
- Branch work: No
- Other: 2-hour break set aside each day for lunch and for administration work
- State of the Art Practice – Purpose built
- 6 Consultation rooms
- 4 Operating theatres
- Full range of products and services from Orthopaedic to dental surgery
- Multi Vet and Nurse practice
- Open every day apart from Christmas day
- You will be an experienced senior vet with
- You ideally will have prior experience of supporting a clinical director
- You will want to get stuck in and take the next step in your career. You will want to move coach and lead a team.
- You must be a first-class Veterinary Surgeon with a “diagnostic – first “approach
- You must enjoy building relationships with clients and engage with their pets and have excellent verbal and no verbal communication skills within a consulting environment
- You must be confident and inspire others, with a professional and calm approach. Enthusiastic and emotionally resilient.
- Experience in being a coach / mentor to encourage fellow clinicians to reach their full potential
- To support the Clinical Director
- To be an excellent first opinion general practitioner - diagnostic driven
- Has the ability to read the patient and client and situation and anticipate their needs
- Educate their clients offering top class advice
- Coach and support the team to expand their knowledge and skills. Mentor fellow team members and junior staff members and ensure you prioritise time to ensure their development of surgical and medical skills
- Provide excellent customer facing skills and with fellow team members – supporting them and engaging with them in order to develop them professionally and improve overall performance.
- Deal with clinical complaints in a professional and timely manner ensuring to maintain the reputation and service delivery of the practice. You must use these complaints as opportunities to improve current processes and standards and help influence the team to change and improve ways of working.
- Understand the measurement of the centre performance and be fully aware of the commercial strategy of the practice. Assist with implementing team strategy.
- Gathering and communication of clinical, commercial and customer data. Working with the team to improve overall clinical standards
- Recruitment of members of staff, support and take active part in the process including interviews.
- Lead from the front – ensuring all three teams within the centre are working well together and as part of a team and continuing to provide a high standard of care and customer service.
- Coach the clinical team, assist with their clinical development through training and CPD.
- Act on customer feedback to improve service and ensure the 5-star standard of service is continually delivered.
- Maintain and promote the practices excellent reputation within the community. Champion its values.
- Ensure the customer has a top-quality experience in the consultation process ensuring that they feel that you truly care
- Continue to support the ongoing management of the practice. Focusing on efficiency and productivity and maintaining gold standards.
- Support the process of the staff rota a
- Salary £40,000 - £55,000 DOE
- 33 days Holiday per year including bank Holidays
- 4 day working week – meaning holidays go further and you gain an extra week!
- Pension scheme
- Cycle scheme
- £1,500 CPD allowance per annum / 5 days
- 9 Hour days with 1:4 weekends
- VDS Fees paid
- RCVS Fees paid
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.