A busy small animal practice that’s has easy access to the M25 and transport links into central London in looking for a confident Senior Veterinary Nurse to join their established team either on a full or part time permanent basis. The practice sees a wide variety of small animal cases and has state of the art equipment. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious RVN to join a growing practice.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full or part time hours considered - 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturdays 9.00am – 6.00pm and Sundays 10.30am – 4.30pm (possible time off in lieu)
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Branch Work: None
- Team: You will be joining an expanding and energized team of 2 vets, 1 head nurse, 1 RVN, 1 student nurse and 1 veterinary care assistan
- The partner has a keen interest in all aspects of veterinary medicine, but a particular leaning towards surgery and has recently completed her surgical certificate.
- State of the art equipment including ultrasound, digital X-ray and full Idexx suite and separate dog and cat wards and waiting areas.
- The practice have built incredibly strong relationships with patients and clients
- You will be an experienced nurse with excellent general nursing skills who is hard working and down to earth
- A strong and empathetic communicator who enjoys building relationships with patients and clients.
- The practice offers a generous CPD allowance.
- Full or part time hours will be considered.
- Emergency Cover (Vetsnow), Operating Theatre, Isolation Unit, Blood Pressure Monitor, Biochemistry, Haematology, In-house Laboratory, X-Ray, Health Plans, Hospital Ward, Dentistry
- Salary: £23,000- £26,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4-5 weeks, plus bank holidays (negotiable)
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.