We are looking for a Permanent Senior Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our client’s friendly Charity practice in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. This position is a full-time, but they may consider part time applicants and can be flexible on the working hours.
- Hours Mon – Fri: Flexible you can work 08:00 til 4:30 or 9.00 - 5.30
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends would be great, but more than happy to look at just Monday to Friday
- OOH: None
- Time of in lieu: When weekends are worked you will receive time off during the week
- Accommodation: None
- Other: You will be expected to provide excellent standards of Veterinary care, as well as being able to work well under pressure and relish the daily challenges. You will also be required to promote the charity, its aims and policies to benefit of all animals in your care and the local community.
- Assist with, and lead where appropriate, the daily organising of the Veterinary Surgery Department in a positive and pro-active manner.
- To ensure high standards of veterinary care, hygiene and nursing are maintained and developed.
- To support and assist the Veterinary Department Manager in all surgery matters.
- Assisting to ensure training standards are met and that TP status is maintained.
- Ensure that all Veterinary Nursing staff follow procedures at all times and that Charity documentation and necessary records are maintained.
- To ensure that Veterinary Nursing staff keep up to date with changes in Charity procedures.
- Delegate where appropriate, relevant tasks to other members of the surgery team and relevant RVN’s.
- Ensure there is an effective handover and continuity of information from day to day.
- Complete any task assigned by the Veterinary Surgeon or Veterinary Department Manager.
- Understand Charity procedures, policies and laws that apply to animals and appropriate computer applications
- More information is available
This practice has been running for over 30 years and is also the headquarters of the charity. This well known, reputable charity has been helping animals all around the country for almost 100 years, with practices in London, Northampton and Godmanchester it is a UK wide company. The vision of this practice is to see a world where all pets are well cared for in loving homes, for life. They have high standards of animal welfare and promote education to all members of the public.
You will be expected to provide excellent standards of Veterinary care, as well as being able to work well under pressure and relish the daily challenges. You will also be required to promote the charity, its aims and policies to benefit of all animals in your care and the local community.
- Salary: £26,624
- Annual pay reviews
- Career development opportunities
- Paid CPD allowance
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- 4 Weeks Holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Paid memberships
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Minimum 3 years UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.