Due to ongoing expansion we are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a fabulous nursing team within a busy small animal practice based in Southampton delivering exceptional day and night time care to their clients and their pets. You don’t need to have been a Head Nurse before, but leadership experience is desirable. You must have the passion and drive to be a fantastic leader, and be excited to contribute your ideas and experience with your team and the rest of the leadership team to help shape the future of their young and growing company.
- Hours: Mon – Fri: 40 hr week – Shifts between 8am – 8pm - Well-structured rota
- W/E: 1:4 Sat: 8:00am – 4:00pm with time off during the week when you work the weekend
- OOH: None
- Computer System: Jupiter
- Nursing Team: 3 Vets, 4 RVN’s, Practice Manager, Support Staff - Growing team
- Other: This will include a well-structured rota, with a mixture of days and nights.
This practice have a state-of-the-art, fully equipped, spacious, purpose-built clinic where you’ll have the opportunity to develop your clinical skills with the benefit of an interesting and diverse case-load, the support of a fantastic, forward-thinking team while working for a company with strong values. They truly care about all their team members and the people and pets they look after and want to give more people access to high quality veterinary care by being affordable and convenient for their customers, whilst not compromising on veterinary standards.
They offer a range of clinical services from preventative healthcare through to complex medical, surgical and orthopaedic procedures, along with a superb, spacious, purpose-built surroundings with two operating theatres, six consulting rooms, digital x-ray and an up-to-date Idexx in-house laboratory.
- An enthusiastic veterinary nurse who is passionate about the provision of high quality service to patients and clients.
- A key participant in the running of our dynamic and forward thinking clinic, supporting the rest of the nursing team.
- Keen to continually improve your professional knowledge and experience
- An excellent communicator, understanding that educating pet owners about their pets’ welfare is just as important as providing high quality treatment
- Salary – Up to £25,000 DOE
- Career development opportunities
- CPD support up to £300 pa & up to 3 days training
- Further diplomas fully funded
- 20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays on top
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Cycle scheme & childcare vouchers
- Free lunch on Fridays! Competitive Salary
- RCVS registration fees paid
- Further diplomas fully funded
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Newly qualified or, minimum 6 month’s post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas