A brand-new small animal practice in Saffron Essex are recruiting for an enthusiastic RVN to join the team on a full time basis. This practice is set in a lovely market town in Essex that is renowned for its charming appearance. This is the second branch of a practice that began in 2017 and due to its award-winning success has now expanded and opened another practice in Saffron. The practice is purpose built with state-of-the-art equipment with three consulting rooms with modern facilities. The owning veterinary surgeons will split their time across the two branches so the RVN will benefit from both of their support alongside also having a lead vet onsite at the practice as well as the team of fellow RVNS.
About the role:
The practice requires an RVN with good general nursing experience with a motivated and positive attitude and a genuine interest for animal welfare. This is a full-time role working 4 days per week 9am – 8pm and a 1:3 weekend rota but no OOH. On the week before the weekend the RVN is due to work they will only work 3 weekdays and finish at 3pm on one of those days.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 8pm 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 10am – 6pm Sunday 10am – 4pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet, 3 RVN, and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Wide variety of cases
- Newly established growing practice
- Offers plenty of support
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be confident to run nurse clinics
- You will be Flexible and an effective team player and problem-solver.
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £21,000 - £24,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.