A practice in Northamptonshire are recruiting a permanent full time registered veterinary nurse. They require a nurse who has a good amount of experience and who has developed their competences in a short period of time. This is a full-time role with 42 hours per week with a 1:8 full weekend at the hospital and there is an option to have the following Monday off in lieu after working the weekend. There is an OOH rota for night shifts, and this equates to 8 Nights per year. The practice believes in the development of knowledge and skill set so they offer the RVNS a higher level of autonomy and responsibility.
General Duties include:
- Being actively involved in medical and surgical cases supporting the veterinary surgeon
- Taking blood samples and placing catheters
- Administering drugs
- Face to face communication with clients
- Taking over from other junior members of the team where necessary
- Supporting and guiding junior members of the team
- Stock management
- General nursing duties
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 42 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:8 Full Hospital Weekends
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: 8 Night shifts per year
- Lieu time: Mondays off after working a weekend – optional
- Team: Multi Vet and RVN team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
The practice was established back in the 1960’s and has grown over the years into 4 practices including a hospital. It has established an excellent reputation within the area due to the clinical excellence that it offers and its ethos of having a genuine passion for animal welfare and preventative healthcare. Boasting modern facilities and services as one would expect in a tier three hospital, they adhere to RCVS practice standards and receive the highest rating.
- You will be an experienced nurse competent in all areas of general nursing
- Previous coaching / teaching experience would be beneficial not essential
- You will be happy to coach / mentor junior members of the team
- You will be motivated with a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- £20,000 - £25,000 pro rata
- Generous CPD allowance £500 and certificate funding is negotiable
- Holidays 5.6 Weeks including Bank Holidays
- Flexible rota allowing for a great work / life balance
- Paid professional memberships
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.