We are recruiting a permanent registered veterinary nurse to join a busy small animal practice in Kidderminster. This is a full-time role with 38 hours per week however the practice will also consider part time applications / job share. There is a 1:3 weekend rota which is a Saturday morning and no on call. This role would ideally suit a newly qualified veterinary nurse.
Duties include all areas of general nursing from assisting the veterinary surgeons, to administering medications and looking after in patients. Ideally the nurse would have an interest in running nurse clinics. CPD in encouraged and supported at the practice.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday Full time
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday Morning
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 3 RVN, 1 SVN and support team
The friendly small animal practice provides a high standard of clinical care to pets around the Kidderminster, Bewdley and Stourport areas. They have a modern bright and clean air-conditioned practice with onsite parking and a wide range of services available to clients. Boasting an excellent local reputation since opening a few years ago they provide experience and excellent customer service.
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will strive to develop your knowledge and skill set daily
- Having an area of special interest and a wish to pursue a certificate is advantageous
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice is full equipped with state-of-the-art equipment as one would expect in a modern 1st Opinion practice.
- Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.