We are working with a lovely independent mixed animal practice close to Frome, Somerset who are looking for a veterinary nurse to join their team on a permanent basis. Due to the experience of the team they are open to applications from nurses of all experience levels, including new graduate.
- Full time
- Hours Mon-Fri: 8:30am til 6:30pm
- Weekends: 1 in 5 Weekends, with some on call
- Branch Work: None, independent practice
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: 1 Night on call per week from 6:30pm til 8:30am (You can stay at home and will be paid extra if called out)
- Team: 3 Vets, 3 Nurses, 2 Student nurses & support staff
This is a modern purpose-built practice with a spacious reception and waiting area with ample room for cats and dogs. They have modern facilities which include an in-house laboratory, ECG and blood pressure monitoring, ultrasound and digital x-ray equipment. They have built up an excellent reputation within the local area and have a large client base of loyal customers.
You will need to be a confident, highly motivated and enthusiastic veterinary nurse with good all-round skills. Also, it is important you can provide excellent customer service skills as well as being able to communicate clearly with all clients. They are open to applications from newly qualified nurses as well as those more experienced.
- Competitive salary between £20,000-£25,000
- Generous CPD allowance per annum
- 4 Weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension
- Paid professional memberships – RCVS, BSAVA, BVA, VDS
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- A full UK driving license
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.