A Hospital practice in London are recruiting a permanent registered veterinary nurse to join their large team on a full-time basis. This is a 42 hour per week role with 4 x 10 hour shifts along with one day off in the week and a 1:3 weekend rota and an on-call rota which is 2-3 per year and is paid in addition to salary. This is a well-established animal hospital with state-of-the-art modern facilities and equipment. They are looking for an enthusiastic nurse who is driven and passionate to learn more and work to the best of their ability to develop their skills and knowledge. The hospital currently has nurses worked towards ECC certificate, Anaesthesia certificate and diplomas so areas of special interest are heavily encouraged and supported.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 42 Hours per week 4 x 10 Hour shifts – 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:3 Weekend rota
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: 2-3 times per year
- Lieu time: Time off in lieu when worked a weekend or additional payment
- Team: Large Multi Vet and RVN team with supporting staff
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Forward thinking and professional Hospital
- State of the at facilities and equipment
- Large multi vet team with certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- Well established with a large client base
- Practice sees a varied case load – emergency medical cases
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- 6 monthly staff reviews are offered.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- On street parking
- You will be an experienced nurse competent in all areas of general nursing
- You will be motivated with a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- £20,000 - £25,000 pro rata
- Generous CPD allowance £500 and 2 days off to attend
- Holidays 25 days per annum plus bank holidays and Birthday off
- Flexible rota allowing for a great work / life balance
- Paid professional memberships
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increases with years’ service
- Occupational health scheme
- RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
- Workplace pension scheme
- Lunch provided
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.