We are recruiting a permanent registered veterinary nurse to join a practice in Friern Barnet Greater London. This is a full-time role comprising of 40 hours per week with a shared weekend rota. The practice are looking for an RVN to join their small close knit team and who has a genuine passion for animal welfare and wellbeing. The practices ethos is pet wellbeing so if you share this also then please get in touch. They are looking for an RVN with a good level of experience in general nursing and delivers a high standard of clinical care. Excellent communication skills is key and the ability to establish good working relationships is key. It is also important that the RVN is willing to be a coach to the student nurse and VCA providing a mentoring role.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 5pm Sunday 11am – 5pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 1 SVN and 1 VCA and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will be happy to work as a mentor / coach to other members of the team
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £21,000 - £24,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks plus Birthday
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.