A practice in East Lothian are recruiting a permanent small animal nurse to join their large team. This is a busy well-established practice is close to the coast and the countryside whilst also being close to the city of Edinburgh so situated ideally for both country / city life living. The see a large variety of cases offering the RVN a great opportunity to utilize their nursing skills. There is a large team of 6 Vets and 4 RVNS with SVNS and reception team who are a great friendly sociable team offering plenty of support. The practice is a nurse training practice so there is scope for the RVN to become a student coach. The ideally are looking for and RVN with two years’ experience.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 Hours per week 9am – 6pm
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturday Mornings 10.30am – 12pm
- Sole charge:
- OOH: None
- Lieu time:
- Team: 6 Vet 4 RVN and support team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
The practice one of four busy small animal practices in total in the surrounding area. It offers a wide range of surgical and medical facilities
- Hospitalization unit
- Full Laboratory and Pharmacy
- Digital Radiography
- X- Ray
- Dentistry and Dental Xray
- You will be an experienced nurse competent in all areas of general nursing
- Training to become a student coach is available
- You will have two years’ experience
- You will be motivated and willing to develop your nursing skill set
- You will be happy to coach / mentor junior members of the team
- You will be motivated with a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- £20,000 - £24,000 pro rata
- CPD allowance
- Holidays 28 Days including bank holidays
- Paid professional memberships
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.