Our client in St Albans are recruiting a permanent registered veterinary nurse to join their busy hospital team. This role will be on a day / night rota for 42 Hours per week. It comprises of 3 months of day shifts followed by a month of night shifts on a 7 on and 7 off pattern and then weekends on a rota basis. Weekend work is paid in addition to the salary or the nurse can have time off in Lieu. It would be advantageous if the candidate has previous hospital experience however this is not essential. This is a hospital and an emergency centre status practice, and it offers a lot of support to the right candidate and due to the varied case load it allows the nurse to develop areas of special interest. The practice is situated in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside. The practice is looking for a motivated individual who is looking to move into a clinical coaching role.
- Full time: 42 Hours per week.
- Hours: 3 Months of Days Monday – Friday, 1 Month of Nights 7 on and 7 off
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturday shift daytime and 1:9 Sunday shifts daytime
- Lieu: Weekends paid as extra to salary or time off in Lieu offered when worked a weekend.
- Branch Work: None
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: Multi Vet and RVN, SVN and support team
This is a progressive forward-thinking Hospital which is part of a veterinary group with numerous branches, hospitals and referral centres. All have state of the art equipment and provide modern working facilities. They pride themselves in delivering a high standard of clinical care and look after members of staff offering ongoing support for personal development and career development. They provided an excellent customer service and have an excellent reputation within the community.
- You will have good general nursing experience
- Previous experience in a hospital or emergency care would be advantageous
- You will have excellent patient care skills and communication skills
- You will be happy to work across all areas of the hospital – surgeries, wards, consultations and procedures.
- You will be confident in monitoring anaesthetics and assisting in veterinary procedures
- Experience in clinical coaching would be advantageous but not essential but you must be happy to become a clinical coach to students if you are not one already
- You would adhere to the practice set nursing protocols and ensure they are maintained to the highest standards
- You will be a team playe, able to multitask with an open and approachable manner.
- £21,000 - £24,000
- CPD funded £500 allowance 2 days off to attend
- 25 Days annual holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday
- Paid professional memberships
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Holiday allowance increases with years of service
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.