An independent small animal practice in Chichester Worthing are recruiting a permanent registered veterinary nurse to join their team. This is a full-time role however the practice will consider part time hours. This is an established purpose-built equipped practice with modern facilities located close to Brighton and within a commute from London. Full time hours are 37.5 per week over a 4-day week Monday – Friday with 2 – 3 early finishes a week. There is a shared-on call rota of 1:5 and a 1:12 weekend on call rota. There is also a 1:3 Saturday morning rota. This first opinion independent practice has an excellent reputation for customer service and delivering a high standard of clinical care within the community. If you are a down to earth team player that enjoys making a role their own and putting their own stamp on a practice, then this role could be for you!
About the role:
The role will involve all areas of general nursing and include anaesthesia, inpatient care, assisting the veterinary surgeons, radiography, in patient care and nurse consultations. The RVN would be joining a team of 3 other nurses. With a good on call rota and weekend rota the role offers an excellent work / life balance.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 Hours. 2-3 early finishes in the week
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday Mornings
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: 1:5 weekly rota – no phone and 1:12 weekend on call
- Team: 2 Vet 3 RVN team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Branch Work: When on call on a weekend
The practice is full equipped with all the toys as one would expect such as a modern laboratory suite, X Rays, Dental Suit and Ultrasound etc.
- You will be competent in all areas of general nursing
- You will be a motivated and caring individual
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- £21,000 - £24,000 pro rata
- CPD Generous allowance
- Holidays 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid professional memberships
- A relocation package maybe available for the right candidate
- Frequent team building and social events
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.