A small animal practice in Chelmsford are seeking an enthusiastic registered veterinary nurse to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an RVN to take the next step in their career and lead a team and help shape the future of the practice. This is a bright modern purpose-built practice has state of the art equipment. The practice ideally would like an RVN who has had previous experience in a management or training role. The RVN would be required to be a clinical coach but training can be provided in this area by the local college. The practice sees a variety of cases and plenty of exotics. This is a full-time role with 40 hours per week and a 1:5 weekend rota and lieu days are provided when worked a weekend meaning an excellent work life balance. There is no OOH with this position.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:5 Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 10.30am – 4pm
- OOH: None
- Lieu: Time off in lieu when worked a weekend
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 4Vet, 6 RVN, and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Provides world class clinical care
- Wide variety of cases
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be confident to run nurse clinics
- You will have previous experience in a management or training role
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £21,000 - £24,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.