A small animal practice in Chelmsford Essex are recruiting a permanent registered veterinary nurse to join their team. They are looking for an enthusiastic nurse who is forward thinking and is a team player. This is a full-time role with 40 hours per week. The weekday shifts are between 8.30am and 7.30pm and there is only a 1:5 weekend rota. The nurse will receive lieu days after working the weekend which mean a great work / life balance. There is no ooh.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 7 pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 10.30am – 4pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vet 6 RVN and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Provides world class clinical care
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Sees a wide variety of cases – a lot of exotics and small furries
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will be confident in delivering nurse clinic consultations.
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will be a team player and have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £21,000 - £24,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.