A small animal practice in the beautiful city of York are recruiting a permanent part time veterinary nurse to join their team. this is a supportive practice which sees a wide variety of caseloads. The role involves working 2 days per week and a 1:6 weekend with no ooh. They offer the opportunity for the nurse to build on their skill set and knowledge as it is a well-supported practice with a large team. They are a VN training practice and a small animal accredited RCVS surgery.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 9am – 6pm
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: 5 Vet 7 RVN, SVNs and support team
- Purpose Built practice with state-of-the-art equipment
- Modern facilities with air conditioning
- See a wide mix of case loads
- Offers Nurse clinics – utilising nurses’ skills to a high volume
- VN training practice and RCVS accredited practice.
- Encourages all members of staff to work to the best of their ability.
- Practice offers a supportive friendly team
- Career development opportunities available
- Onsite parking
- You will have good general nursing experience
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and able to build relationships with both clients and fellow members of your team
- You will be happy to work Nurse clinics
- You will have an enthusiastic motivated “can do attitude” with a genuine passion for animal welfare
- Emergency cover
- Anaesthetic Monitoring untits
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Dental radiogrpahy
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.