Our client in Cambridge are recruiting a permanent night veterinary nurse to join their hospital. This is a 45.5 Hour per week contract. If you have experience working in a hospital or previous exposure to emergency care, then this would be advantageous but not essential. The practice offers plenty of support enabling the nurses to reach their full potential and offering them future career development opportunities. This is a one week on and one week off rota with 13 Hour shifts. There is the opportunity take on additional shifts if required for extra pay. The weekly shifts will comprise of working at one branch Monday – Thursday and then Friday – Sunday at another branch.
- Full time: 45.5 Per week
- Hours: 13 Hour Shifts 7.15pm – 8.15am on a 7 on and 7 off Monday – Friday at one branch and then Friday – Sunday at another branch
- Weekends: Yes
- Branch Work: Yes
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: Multi Vet and RVN, SVN and support team
This is a progressive forward-thinking Hospital which is part of a veterinary group with numerous branches, hospitals and referral centres. All have state of the art equipment and provide modern working facilities. They pride themselves in delivering a high standard of clinical care and look after members of staff offering ongoing support for personal development and career development. They provided an excellent customer service and have an excellent reputation within the community.
- You will have good general nursing experience
- Previous experience in a hospital or emergency care would be advantageous
- You will have excellent patient care skills and communication skills
- You will be happy to work across all areas of the hospital – surgeries, wards, consultations and procedures.
- You will be confident in monitoring anaesthetics and assisting in veterinary procedures
- Experience in clinical coaching would be advantageous but not essential but you must be happy to become a clinical coach to students if you are not one already
- You would adhere to the practice set nursing protocols and ensure they are maintained to the highest standards
- You will be a team playe, able to multitask with an open and approachable manner.
- £24,000 - £30,000
- CPD funded £500 allowance 2 days off to attend
- 28 Days annual holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday
- Paid professional memberships
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Holiday allowance increases with years of service
- There is scope to take on extra shifts for extra pay
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.