To work clinically within a dedicated night team. You will be involved in an array of emergency cases, dealing with clients face to face as well as monitoring patients, assisting in surgery and administering medications.
You will share our vision and working with your team, deliver outstanding service and care to patients and clients, as well as consistently keeping up practice standards and implementing new ones to suit the business.
- Full Time: Based on 45.5 hours per week
- Rota : 1 week on 1 week off
- Sole Charge: Some
- Supported by a helpful and experienced team
Your main responsibilities:
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (Including but not limited to holding consultations and diagnosing animals, performing surgery, administering anaesthesia, undertaking scans, prescribing and euthanises where necessary)
- CLIENT CARE - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by them and measured via Vet KPIs. This includes making all your interactions with their clients and being fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- TEAMWORK – Working within the team to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help always ensure a harmonious team ethos
- Experienced with face to face consultations
- Having worked in a sole charge role as and when required
- Self-aware, positive attitude and receptive to change
- Effective communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to work as a strong contributor to a team
- Experienced and registered Veterinary Nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a hospital
- Experience working as a Veterinary Nurse in a hospital
They have 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead – London and have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine.
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Reviews are done every 6 months
- Full pension scheme offered
- £1,000 CPD allowance per annum, plus 5 days CPD leave pro rata
- VDS is Insurance is covered by them
- They can offer accommodation at certain sites and possibly accommodation allowance
- Staff discounts for veterinary services/products/ treatments.
- Friendly environment
- They strongly promote a friendly atmosphere in their practices, so it is a pleasant and supportive place to work.
- They will pay your fees for professional membership.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas