A fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced or newly qualified Radiologist Veterinary Surgeon, centred around a large state-of-the-art independent Veterinary Hospital in Derby with integrated referral and first opinion teams on a full time permanent basis, but flexible working hours are also welcome.
They are an established but growing independent business with all imaging modalities based on one site. There is excellent interaction between all of the various departments and therefore an exceptional level of intellectual stimulation and discussion over all specialities.
- A Specialist or residency trained radiologist is required to join their established team.
- A referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
- They are a state of the art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
- Imaging facilities include digital radiography, C-Arm fluoroscopy, 2 GE ultrasound machines, a 16-slice GE CT and 1.5T HDE MRI.
- The experienced, friendly team of 100+ veterinary professionals led care across all disciplines, collaborating to provide the best possible outcome for all their patients.
- The imaging team is composed of three radiologists, one specialised intern, four radiographers and dedicated nurses. A resident role is planned for the future.
- Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Finance, Customer Care, HR and IT on site. The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to our own first opinion teams.
- They strive to deliver world-class patient care and our fantastic facilities provide a superb care environment, including 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite, 3 ultrasound rooms, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool and treadmills and dedicated chemo and radio-iodine treatment rooms define the setting.
- Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Finance, Customer Care, HR, Marketing and IT on site. The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to their own first opinion vets.
- They are a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
- They have GE Vivid 7 cardiac ultrasound scanner. Hospital facilities include digital radiography, two GE abdominal ultrasound machines, C-Arm fluoroscopy, a 16-slice GE CT and 1.5T MRI, five operating theatres.
Facilities / Services:
- MRI and CT Scanning
- Cancer treatment wards
- Digital Radiography
- 5 Large operating theatres
- Isolation ward
- Endoscopy suite
- And much more
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Minimum 5 year’s post grad experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiable depending on experience
- £3,000 CPD allowance
- 10 CPD Days
- RCVS and VDS costs covered plus two chosen subscriptions
- Regular internal CPD, rounds and morbidity and mortality rounds to maximise patient outcomes
- Pet Health Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Your birthday off
- Increased holiday allowance with years’ service
- Death in service cover (4x salary)
- Practice focus on health and wellbeing
What happens next:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas