An established small animal practice in Peterborough are recruiting a part time experienced veterinary surgeon to join their growing practice. The practice seeks a variety of cases and have a large loyal client base. They work to a high standard of clinical care and enjoy building good customer relations with their clients. Due to such a varied case load this is an exciting opportunity for the vet to develop their clinical skill set. They are seeking a forward-thinking veterinary surgeon to join on a part time basis approx. 3 days per week. The practice can offer this role as a consult role only and the working times can also be negotiated. The role involves a weekend rota of 1 in 7 Saturdays 9am – 2pm and 1 in 7 full weekends – Saturday 9am – 5pm and Sunday 10am – 4pm. There is no OOH.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am – 7pm 3 Days per week
- Weekends: 1: 5 in 7 weekend rota Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 10.30am – 4.30pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: 6 Vet 5 RVN and support team
- Forward thinking and professional Practice
- Purpose built bright airy practice with state-of-the-art equipment
- Well established with a large client base
- Certificates are supported and funded at the practice
- Visiting specialists in Ophthalmology and orthopaedics
- Friendly and motivated team in place – regular social outings together
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre Digital X-Ray
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• Blood Pressure Monitor
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
• Cat and Dog Hospital Ward
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday plus Birthday off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: Generous Allowance £1,500
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.