We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join an expanding team in Caerphilly Wales. This is a part time role working 2 days per week with the potential to have more hours in the future with practice growth. The practice is looking ideally for a vet who can work Tuesday and Thursdays each week. This is a beautiful established practice located in the beautiful countryside in Wales close to the city of Cardiff.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 7pm
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 5pm
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 2 RVN
- Well established practice
- State of the Art equipment
- Excellent in-house modern facilities – Access to a CT Scanner
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeon – Orthopaedic surgery
- Practice offers stem cell therapy in house
- Large case load variety with a large client base
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have experience in emergency surgery
- You will be happy in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will be confident with sole charge work
- You will be two years post graduate minimum
- You will be confident in maintaining high standards of clinical care
- You will be passionate about expanding your personal development and clinical skill set
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.