We are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary nurse for a new practice opening in North, Derbyshire in November time on a part time permanent basis, working 2-3 days per week.
- Hours Monday to Friday: Part Time - 20-25 hours over 2/3 days in the week (8.30am until 7pm)
- Weekends: 1 in 2 Saturday mornings from 9am to 12pm (negotiable)
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: TBC
- Other: Equal mix of consults, in patient care and surgery
- The new practice will be bright, spacious, air-conditioned and is purpose built to industry leading standards and will have state of the art equipment including digital X-ray and in-house laboratory facilities.
- The whole team is dedicated to providing a superb standard of client and animal care.
- The ideal candidate will be part-time, able to work 20-25 hours over 2/3 days in the week (8.30am until 7pm) and 1 in 2 Saturday mornings from 9am to 12pm.
- You will be passionate, confident, have good general nursing experience, with a genuine interest in animal welfare.
- They are really interested in your ideas and ensure plenty of client contact during nurse clinics.
- You will have great communication skills and would be looking to work within a positive and passionate team.
- You will be confident with all general nursing
- Willing to “muck in” and help your colleagues when needed
- They offer a bright, spacious, air-conditioned surgery that is built to industry leading standards and has state of the art equipment including digital X-ray, ultrasound and in-house laboratory facilities, 2/3 consulting rooms, a full operating theatre, isolation units and kennelling.
- Competitive salary: £20,000 – £23,000 Pro-rata DOE
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- Holiday: 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays rising to 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays after 2 years employment
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - £750 per year with paid time off to attend - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.