We are recruiting a permanent small animal veterinary nurse to join a practice in Stafford. The practice are looking for an enthusiastic nurse to join their friendly close knit team of 4 Vet, 5 RVN and supporting staff on a part time basis.
About the role:
The practice pride themselves on delivering a high standard of care and quality teamwork. They are located close to the train station and motorway so easily reached for a commute with onsite parking. The practice is a bright purpose built with state-of-the-art facilities such as an in house IDEXX lab, digital radiography and ultrasound. One of the veterinary surgeons is a certificate holder and they also have visiting specialists for more of the advanced procedures. The practice is offering the role part time between 20-25 hours per week across Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with a Saturday morning which is negotiable. They are looking for a veterinary nurse who will offer a friendly and compassionate service to both patients and clients. They have a strong team spirit and believe all members of staff should support each other so it is important that the nurse also shares this ethos. The RVN will need to be confident in all areas of general nursing, organised, a team player and a good decision maker. The RVN must have a genuine passion for animal welfare and promote preventative healthcare. The role will heavily involve caring for surgical and in patients and they will be responsible for running in house diagnostics as well as running busy nurse clinics. The practice also supports any areas of special interests.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday part time 20-25 hours per week
- Weekends: Saturday morning optional
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vet 5 RVN and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Provides a high standard of clinical care
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.