A small animal practice in Bradford are recruiting a part time registered veterinary nurse to join their team. This is a 19 hour per week role with a 1:5 weekend. You would be joining a team of 4 Vets, 5 RVNs, 1 SVN and a support team. The part time hours are between 9am and 7pm Mondays and Wednesdays and weekends are 9am – 4pm Saturdays and Sundays 10am – 3pm. Hours and days can be flexible for the right candidate. The role involves working closely with both the clinical and non-clinical teams, managing bookings, greeting clients, administer medications to patients, assist the veterinary surgeon, record patient records and comply with all company procedures and policies.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm
- Weekends: 1:5 Saturday 9am – 4pm Sunday 10am – 3pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: 4 Vet 5 RVN support staff
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Recently refurbished practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- Previous coaching experience would be advantageous but not essential
- You will be willing to run nurse clinics
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Allowance and days off provided
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.