A small animal practice in Airdrie North Lanarkshire are recruiting an experience registered veterinary nurse to join their growing team. This is a busy close-knit practice with a very social team atmosphere regularly enjoying team nights out together. All team members are actively encouraged to contribute to practice protocols with their ideas and this is often discussed during the practice cake and coffee break once a month whereby the practice closes for one hour to allow for this team building meeting. The role comprises of consultations, all areas of general nursing including surgery, lab work, radiography and covering the reception area when required. The practice can offer flexible working hours between 20-25 hours per week with a 1:4 Saturday 9am – 12pm. CPD is supported and certificates are also encouraged.
- State of the art facilities
- Forward thinking professional Practice
- Modern practice – bright and spacious with air conditioning
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- RVNS working towards certificates within the practice.
- Established practice with a large loyal client base
- Friendly and welcoming team
- Prides itself on providing a high standard of care
- Great location close to transport links
- Onsite parking
- You will be confident in all areas of general nursing
- You will be happy to work across consults, surgeries, procedures and wards.
- You must be, enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated with a passion for animal welfare.
- You will maintain practice standards and protocols across the board.
- You will be motivated to grow and develop your skill set and knowledge and confident in trying new techniques
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills are essentials to develop working relationships with clients and fellow staff members.
- You will work to a high standard of care
- You must have a genuine passion for animal welfare.
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 5.6 Weeks including Bank Holiday Birthday Off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Allowance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Staff Discounts Available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.