A referral practice in Wakefield are recruiting a permanent ophthalmology specialist to work with their multi-disciplinary referral service. This is a full-time role. The candidate must either hold or be eligible to sit a European Diploma and have a large amount of experience in Ophthalmology. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a practice where not only can you concentrate on your caseload whilst working in a supportive, friendly and fantastically equipped practice. The role involves working alongside other specialists with a variety of disciplines such as soft tissue, oncology, neurology etc. The practice boasts a great working environment with the ethos of friendly co-operation between between all the clinicians. The role will also involve OOH rota which is shared amongst the ophthalmology team.
- Type: Full time
- Hours: Monday – Friday
- Weekends: 1:8
- Sole charge: Some when required on call
- OOH: Yes, on a shared rota
- Team: Large multi-disciplined team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
This large modern referral practice in Wakefield offers a diverse range of advanced treatments and provides outstanding clinical care across many disciplines. The large team work closely together to ensure the clients and patients’ needs are always met. They have a large range of equipment which allows them to perform cardiology, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, orthopaedics and soft tissue surgery.
- You will be confident and experienced in Ophthalmology
- You must hold or be eligible to sit a European Diploma
- You will have 4-5 years’ experience
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- Salary - £50,000.00 -£70,000.00
- Career development opportunities
- 5 CPD Days funded and supported
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 6 weeks, plus bank holidays
- 5 days for approved committee or examining commitments
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.