We are recruiting an emergency OOH Veterinary Surgeon to work on a part time basis in the beautiful Scottish Borders.
This is a part time role working every other Saturday 12pm – 6.30pm with additional hours negotiable along with 10 Bank holidays per year. The practice is in a beautiful market town in the Scottish borders offering plenty of heritage and festivals. There are also plenty of local amenities to enjoy.
The vet must be confident in all areas of sole charge work and previous experience in emergency care would be advantageous. The surgeon needs to be a minimum of 2 years qualified with a genuine interest in emergency and critical care. There is the potential to move towards and study for a certificate for the right candidate.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Part time every other Saturday
- Weekends: Yes every other Saturday 12pm – 6.30pm and 10 Bank Holidays
- Sole Charge: Occasional
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: Large Multi vet team / OOH practice.
- State of the Art equipment and emergency facilities and services
- Large growing OOH business across the Scottish Borders
- Offers career development in the future as part of a growing practice
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Certificates are supported and funded
- Generous CPD encouraged
- Supportive friendly growing practice
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and consultations
- You will be confident with sole charge work
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- Previous experience in emergency and critical care work would be advantageous
- You will have a passion and genuine interest in emergency and critical work
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Holiday allowance: pro Rata
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous allowance and time off to attend
- Certificates funded and supported
- Career progression opportunity as part of a large growing practice
- Healthcare Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.