We are recruiting a permanent night veterinary surgeon for a practice in Leeds to work 7 nights on and 14 nights on. There is the opportunity to work overtime during the 14 nights off if the vet requires. They require and experienced veterinary surgeon only, so it is important that the vet has experience in emergency care. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced vet to gain more of a work / life balance with a 14 day off period after working 7 days. The veterinary surgeon would be working alongside two-night RVNs.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8pm – 8am
- Weekends: Saturday 7pm – 9pm Sunday 7pm – 9pm
- Sole Charge: Yes, weekends
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 10 Vet and 12 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons – small animal, dentistry and ECC
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- CPD is supported and funded and vets with special interest are also encouraged
- Forward thinking enthusiastic team
- Progressive practice boasting an excellent reputation within the community
- The practice performs a variety of surgeries - orthopaedic including TTA, patella, fracture repairs and challenging soft surgery tissue, cardiology and imaging
- Provides 24hr care and covers own OOH
- Multi vet and RVN practice – 3-night vets on rotation and night RVNS on rotation
- Sees a wide variety of case work
The practice boasts state of the art hospital facilities such as endoscopy, digital x-ray, ultrasound, IM3 dental machine, IM3 dental x-ray, Idexx Lasercyte and catalyst DX, ECG and orthopedic surgical kit including Orthomed MMP TTA.
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday taken within the 14 days off a
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: £1,500 allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.